Saturday, December 20, 2014

Baby Bowen

So at this point most people have heard that I'M PREGNANT!!!



This is a huge deal for us. Spencer and I have been waiting a LONG time, and finally after many many pleading prayers and heartbroken tears we are so grateful that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with a little one.


Luckily I have had a really easy pregnancy. I occasionally felt quite nauseous, but I am proud to say that I did not throw up, not even once! (This, obviously, is a trend I hope to repeat in future pregnancies.) Most of the first trimester I was exhausted, and I've had a few major headaches, but other than that I have felt great!


I have an annoying tendency to fear the worst, so with every doctor's appointment I go in nervous and dreading the possibility of being told that something is wrong, but every time the doctor reassures me that the baby is healthy and everything is looking just right. A BIG load off of this momma's mind.

And of course, the most exciting appointment was our 20 week visit yesterday. Spencer and I have been "arguing" over whether we were having a boy or a girl. Bowen men always (with one exception) have a boy first. All of my siblings have had girls first. So who's genes reign supreme (not like my genes actually have anything to do with it...)?





Well, I always was sort of a black sheep in my family. IT'S A BOY!!! And boy, is he a wiggler. For a while the doctor couldn't tell for sure because the baby was having a dance party in my belly, but with a little maneuvering...POP...there it was!

We are so excited (and nervous) to have a little boy running around the house. And we are so happy and so blessed and so ready for this next step in our lives!

Baby Boy Bowen coming soon: May 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment