Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Saying Goodbye

Our second day in Nanjing was the hardest. I hate goodbyes.

We loved our friends in China. We loved our church branch. I loved my Primary kids. And we hated leaving them.









My rambunctious 7 year old


Oh how I miss this kid...

 Our last Sunday, and our last dinner group. Bah, I'm tearing up just looking at these pictures.


Sadness

Yay for British friends!

It wasn't all serious, though. We really enjoyed showing the family how we got to and from church and introducing them to the people who had become family. And we had to finish packing up our apartment and things got a little silly.




But really, you never realize how much you have come to love people until you have to say goodbye to them. Even now, when I think about our time in China the first thing to come to mind is people. I see faces, and that is what I miss the most.

Alrighty, there must be something in the air, my eyes are all watery. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment