Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where The Author Wishes She Were Home For Mamma's Home Cooked Meals

Walking through the grocery stores here I feel like I'm almost on another planet. I don't even recognize 92% (yes that is a scientifically found number) of the products on the shelves. So what on earth am I supposed to cook at home???

Before now we had found a bunch of ingredients, but nothing that could make even one full meal. At home we had been eating Ramen, oatmeal, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches.


I am SO GLAD I brought my beloved spices with me!

Pop tarts from home, we're saving them for a special occasion.

But yesterday we went to the store early, we took our time, we walked up and down every aisle. And we found a few things that we felt we could make a couple of meals out of. Phew. I was so excited about the idea of eating things that I recognize, things that I love. We have definitely found some great things to eat here in China but I loves me my American food. So here's to hope, to creativity, and to home-cooked meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment