Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Goodbye Turkey

Our last few days in Turkey we spent just hanging out with family. There was lots of this...


And some of this...


And a music jam or two.


We even enjoyed some "friendly" competitions. We bowled a few times.

Spencer got a turkey in Turkey!

We bowled an "opposite hand" game, and I
bowled 132 with my LEFT hand!

And enjoyed the outdoor mini golf course.






And on our very last day we visited the Sabancı Merkez Camii, or the Adana Mosque.


It's huge. The largest mosque in Turkey, and one of the 5 largest in the world.





And it's beautiful. The perfect way to end our trip. Our trip to Turkey was amazing. It gave me a good preview of what China might be a little like, and it opened my eyes to how some people on the other side of the world live. It filled me with an immense feeling of gratitude for the blessing I have of living in the USA and also helped me see the beauty of other cultures and other histories. I am so grateful for the chance to spend more time with Spencer's family and that I was able to get to know them better, and for all the great times we had with them. And I am so grateful for a chance to see a corner of the world that I never imagined I would ever get to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment